Made these for a very bright and talented designer colleague at the office for his excellent work on a logo project. Congrats, Jeremy! I had to go to two liquor stores to get this chocolate stout beer, as apparently it’s not really “in season.” But I managed to find two at the liquor store across the street from my house in the end, and saw this Young’s Double Chocolate Stout.
Double Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies Recipe Ingredients
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate or double chocolate stout beer
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 rectangular cake pan and line with parchment paper. Melt the bittersweet chocolate and unsalted butter in a double boiler (I used a metal bowl over a simmering pan of water – the bowl should not touch the water). Whisk in the brown sugar, and set aside to cool at room temperature. In your kitchen mixer, blend the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 large eggs, chocolate stout beer and the chocolate-butter-brown-sugar mixture. Mix at a low speed just until blended, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula occasionally. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Alcohol-Infused Whipped Cream Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of alcohol of your choice. I considered Frangelico (hazelnut liqueuer) and Amaretto (almond liqueur) since I had them on hand, but ended up using Creme de Cacao (white chocolate liqueur)