This recipe is almost identical to the one found at SpoonForkBacon.com, so go see Jenny’s to see the original. I was going to change it up more than I did and add a cream cheese poppyseed frosting, but to be completely honest with you, I got tired. The dishes had piled up so high from baking cookies and cooking dinner that I just wanted to give up and go to bed instead. I didn’t add the pearl sugar at the end because like I said I wanted to add frosting. If I change my mind tomorrow, I’ll add more pictures, but for now…
Quick and easy homemade lemon blueberry cookies recipe. No kitchen mixer required for this blueberry lemon cookie recipe!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15-ounce can blueberries in light syrup, rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, Greek yogurt, beaten egg, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients mixture to the wet ingredients mixture in about three parts, and stir until blended.
- Rinse the canned blueberries and gently fold them into the cookie batter.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop approx. 2 tablespoons of cookie batter for each cookie an inch or two apart on the baking sheet. (Jenny at SFP would have you sprinkle a pinch of pearl sugar on top of them here.)
- Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, just until the edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and transfer to wire cooling rack.