Chocolate hazelnut spread – particularly Nutella – is probably my favorite thing in the universe. Allow me to illustrate:
On our honeymoon in Italy, I couldn’t resist sampling all the Nutella gelato that popped up on the streets of Rome, Venice and Cinque Terre. It’s the most delectable, sweet, satisfying, creamy, delicious little spread. And the fact that you can find Nutella en masse pretty much everywhere in the country tells me that Europe just … gets it.
So anyway, I’ve been dying to use the stuff in a cookie. Not that Nutella even needs a cookie. I eat the stuff by the spoonful. If you’re a fan of chocolate and hazelnut, I of course recommend the Nutella, Choco Dream, and Justin’s. Any of those spreads would work just fine for this quick, easy chocolate hazelnut spread cookie that has just 5 little ingredients.
For chocolate hazelnut lovers and fans of Nutella or Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut spread, this chocolate hazelnut spread cookie is a quick, easy 5-ingredient recipe.
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, such as Nutella or Justin's
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend ingredients together in a bowl. Start with 1 tablespoon of milk, and add the second only if the dough seems too crumby.
- Either form into balls or use a cookie scoop to place on cookie sheet.
- Press down gently with fingers or with a glass. Don't smoosh it too much!
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.