Mmm… pumpkin butter cookies. Mmm… topped with cream cheese icing. Mmm… with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice on top. It almost makes winter bearable doesn’t it? This pumpkin butter is the second in a line of three assorted fruit butters I got in a set from Louisburg Cider Mill. The honey is local, from Busy Bee Acres in Odessa, Missouri. And of course the spices came from my favorite place – Penzey’s Spices. I didn’t have any ground cloves on hand so I had to use my little spice grinder, but boy did it smell great!
Use pumpkin butter and honey in this Pumpkin Spice Cookies Recipe. An easy fall or winter cookie recipe for fans of pumpkin butter and pumpkin spices.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 8.5-ounce jar of pumpkin butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the unsalted butter and brown sugar.
- Add pumpkin butter and honey.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient mixture in two parts.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoons to drop into rounded balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet with spatula and cool on drying rack.
Quick and easy whipped cream cheese frosting that's great on cookies. This recipe for cream cheese cookie frosting does not harden.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Whip the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract together just until blended.
- Add the powdered sugar a bit at a time and whip like crazy.
- Whip it. Whip it good.
Stir the gooey stuff together until blended then start adding the powdered sugar gradually. Whip it. Whip it good.
Ice the completely cooled pumpkin butter cookies with the whipped cream cheese frosting, and top with a very light dusting of pumpkin pie spices to finish it off!