I am ashamed at how much money I was spending on coffee shop coffee and quiche every week. I was busy, tired and rushing around in the mornings, and just needed to get a fast caffeine fix and protein-rich breakfast every morning, and with a coffee shop inside my office it was all too easy. At this rate, I was gonna go broke.
So I switched to buying quiches at the grocery store to get me through the week – minor improvement, at least a little cheaper. But still, when you hold yourself accountable to how damn easy it is to make your own quiche, you admit grocery store options aren’t good enough.
Now, I’m too busy and inept to make a crust from scratch, so this is only semi-homemade using a Whole Wheat Pie Crust from Whole Foods (two pack, so gets me through two weeks).
- 1 whole wheat Whole Foods Organic 365 pie crust
- 1/4 cup shredded
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A few teaspoons of chopped herbs - I used dill, basil, parsley that I had on hand from my garden
- Bring the pie crust to room temperature if frozen.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and herbs in a bowl.
- Add cheeses to bottom of pie shell.
- Pour egg mix over cheeses.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes.