Made these for a very bright and talented designer colleague at the office for his excellent work on a logo project. Congrats, Jeremy! I had to go to two liquor stores to get this chocolate stout beer, as apparently it’s not really “in season.” But I managed to find two at the liquor store across the street from my house in the end, and saw this Young’s Double Chocolate Stout.
Double Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies Recipe Ingredients
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup chocolate or double chocolate stout beer
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature for 30 minutes
Double Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies Recipe Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 rectangular cake pan and line with parchment paper. Melt the bittersweet chocolate and unsalted butter in a double boiler (I used a metal bowl over a simmering pan of water – the bowl should not touch the water). Whisk in the brown sugar, and set aside to cool at room temperature. In your kitchen mixer, blend the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 large eggs, chocolate stout beer and the chocolate-butter-brown-sugar mixture. Mix at a low speed just until blended, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula occasionally. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Alcohol-Infused Whipped Cream Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon of alcohol of your choice. I considered Frangelico (hazelnut liqueuer) and Amaretto (almond liqueur) since I had them on hand, but ended up using Creme de Cacao (white chocolate liqueur)
Alcohol-Infused Whipped Cream Recipe Directions
Chill a metal mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes or more. Whip all the alcohol-infused whipped cream ingredients at high speed in the chilled bowl until stiff peaks form. Store in a tightly sealed container in the freezer for several days if you need to, or in the refrigerator no more than two days.
Tiramisu Cocktail with Vanilla Whipped Cream and Chocolate Shavings
We’re operating under the assumption that a shot is 1.5 ounces here. Most of the feedback from the dessert tasting said the tiramisu cocktail is tasty, but strong – so drinker beware!
Tiramisu Cocktail Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (1.5 oz) shot of vanilla vodka
- 1/2 (0.75 oz) shot of coffee liqueur
- 1/2 (0.75 oz) shot of Amaretto
- 1/2 (0.75 oz) shot of white creme de cocoa
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Tiramisu Cocktail Recipe Directions
Pour all the ingredients over ice in a martini shaker. Shake rigorously until the cocktail is frothy and chilled. Strain into your martini glass.
To make vanilla whipped cream, chill an immaculately clean metal bowl in the freezer for about 15 minutes. Whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar with a hand mixer with immaculately clean beaters. When it gets to soft peaks, add the vanilla and whip until stiff peaks form. Don’t overbeat the whipped cream.
Pipe the vanilla whipped cream onto the tiramisu cocktail. Garnish with a light sprinkle of cocoa powder, or chocolate shavings or chocolate curls. We opted to dip the rim of the martini glass in Amaretto liqueur and then dip it in chocolate shavings like one would dip a margarita glass in salt.